Atheist Analysis S03 E13: Should abortion remain legal? Catholic Apologist Trent Horn VS Jonathan Brotherton
Should abortion remain legal?
This will be a LIVE DEBATE between Trent Horn and Jonathan Brotherton. They will be debating whether Abortion should remain legal. Jonny will be taking the affirmative while Trent will take the negative stance. Do not miss this debate as it will be a lively debate and we will have audience participation at the end of the show.
To watch the show live and use our interactive chat please click here: http://atheistanalysis.com/current-event/
You can also watch it later on our YouTube page here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOXKVzzZUCo
I thought it would be proper to post the rules like we had for the last debate and wanted to make sure that everyone had a chance to review them before hand. This provides a more legitimate method if anyone needs to reference them at a later time. I will also include the timed structure for the debate so that people can follow along with that one as well.
Without Further ado here are the time stamps for the debate.
10:30 – Will launch the hangout. Moderator will give an introduction to the debate. Moderator will then read the rules for the debate. Moderator will give introductions of the participates starting with Bernhard and ending with Jonathan
10:40 – Jon will provide his introduction with 12 minutes allotted.
10:52 – Trent will provide his introduction with 12 minutes allotted.
11:04 – Jon will provide his rebuttal of Bernhard’s argument with 8 minutes allotted.
11:12 – Trent will provide his rebuttal of Jon’s argument with 8 minutes allotted.
11:20 – This will be a short intermission where Moderator gives an announcement about our patron account and allow for a few minutes for participants to get a drink. Also Moderator will remind audience they can submit questions to guests here shortly.
11:22 – Jon will provide a cross examination of Bernhard and will have the floor to ask questions with 8 minutes being allotted.
11:30 – Trent will provide a cross examination of Jon and will have the floor to ask questions with 8 minutes being allotted.
11:38 – Audience questions will begin. Moderator will ask questions sent to him via twitter and the chat room. Each participant will have 1 minute to answer.
11:50 – Trent will present his closing arguments and will have 5 minutes.
11:55 – Jon will present his closing arguments and will have 5 minutes.
12:00 – Moderator will close the debate with a few announcements about the group.
1. There will be no interrupting. If either participant interrupts they will be given a warning.
2. Each participate will be give a warning when there is 2 minute left along with a 30 second reminder as well.
3. During the Cross Examination time, the participate that has the floor may ask any questions of their opponent. The opponent may answer each question asked but may not take more than 1 minute to answer unless the person holding the floor allows for it.
4. When questions are submitted they must be directed to a certain guest and each participant will be given a 1 minute to answer the question. Longer will be permitted if there is only a handful of questions.
5. There will be no belittling or name calling. No insults will be tolerated and cannot be directed toward either participant. Warnings will be issued if this happens.
6. If there is not enough audience questions moderator has the discretion to create a secondary Cross Examination time for each participant. The time left will be split equally between participants.
7.If there is any unused time left from each of the beginning segments, if will be forfeited.
8.Continued warnings will result in the termination of the debate.
9.Remember this is a friendly debate and this is to help educate both sides of the argument.
Remember that everyone will get an opportunity to pose questions to our debaters. Please message us on the chat board or tweet them to @atheistanalysis.